Frequently Asked Questions
- Don’t worry if you don’t know exactly what you want.
Showing me a range of inspirations that you like, from shapes to textures and details. The inspirations can be from anywhere, and you can pick a detail from one dress, a colour from another … it will all make sense in the end.
- Love your body. Ok, that can be harder than it sounds, but it really is a good piece of advice. Not once have I ever agreed when a bride has told me their body hang-ups.
- Don’t try to hide your body, or hide the parts you don’t like, Instead, enhance the parts you love.
- Bring a trusted friend with you to fittings for good advice.
I will give you my honest and professional advice, but nobody knows you better than you.
- Bring only a handful of friends to avoid conflicting opinions.
- Your choice is final. Your dress is for you.
- Please strive to meet all of your scheduled fittings to ensure the smooth running of the timetable for creating your dress.
- Due to the nature of having a dress made, scheduled fittings may be a little irregular. There are certain points where I may need longer to create certain details. And some times where I need only a short while to tweak fit before I need to see you again. I may not cut the ‘real’ fabrics until closer to your wedding date to avoid big alterations to the final dress.
- Try to think about your wedding day undies as soon as you can to make sure the fit of your dress is perfected early, (then we can focus on the pretty bits).
- Think about your wedding shoes too! I will mostly leave a final hem length until the last minute to give as much time as possible to choose.
- Please be understanding that I have other brides who I am busy working with who must receive the same due care and attention.
- Weight loss is not a problem. Because your dress design is made in stages, especially for you, alterations can be made quite easily in most cases, especially during the toile stages. I prefer not to make extensive alterations to the final dress as it may jeopardise the final design.
Have I missed something that you want to know about? Send me a email with your questions.